Systemwide accessibility for all of our patrons
The Library fully complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides accommodations by request for physical access, communications or other needs that ensure our services, activities
Accessibility - Facilities
- All Library locations, interior book returns, restrooms and meeting rooms are accessible with one or more accessible public computer workstations.
- Designated accessible parking spaces are available at all 27 locations.
- Automatic doors at all main entrances.
- Elevator access to all levels, with verbal cues at each floor at the Central Library.
- TTY-enabled courtesy (public) phones on Level 1 at the Central Library.
In compliance with the Washington State Law Against Discrimination (WLAD), the Americans with Disability Act (ADA), and the Seattle Municipal Code, service animals are welcome in all areas of the Library where members of the public are normally allowed to go.
All of our branches have Accessibility Toolkits, which contain a variety of assistive devices for blind and low vision patrons.
Americans with Disabilities Act
We provide accommodations by request for patrons with disabilities, including ADA accommodations for access to library buildings and services and accommodations for library programs and events such as ASL interpretation, assistive listening devices and other accommodations.