Mobile Services bring Library resources to where people are, ensuring that every Seattle resident has access to information, ideas, and stories.
- Seattle's Children
Bookmobiles visit eligible childcare centers and preschools throughout the city.
- Seattle's Older Residents
Bookmobiles bring library items to retirement homes, senior housing, and senior centers.
- Seattle Residents with a Disability
Bookmobiles visit housing for people living with physical disabilities or other special needs, including nursing homes and group homes. The Home Service and Books by Mail programs deliver library items directly to a person's home.
Starting Mobile Services
Mobile Library Services Eligibility Criteria
For services outside of Seattle city limits, see the Traveling Library Center offered through the King County Library System.
Using Mobile Services
Once you are signed up for Mobile Services, we visit you once a month at a regular date and time. We bring you new Library materials and take back the materials you borrowed the previous month.
In order to receive Library materials that meet your needs, you can place requests by:
- Placing holds in our online catalog (select Mobile Services as your pickup location)
- Contacting us through Ask a Librarian
- Calling the Library’s Quick Information Center at 206-386-4636
- Talking to us in person when we visit
Please make your requests at least two weeks before our next visit.
Mobile Services' bookmobile runs may vary or be cancelled during holiday periods; if you are not sure when we are next visiting, please call the Library at 206-386-4636.
Contacting Mobile Services
Please let us know as soon as possible if:
- Your contact information changes
- You will not be present to receive your library materials on your scheduled delivery day
- Your needs have changed
- You have any questions about the service or your account
You can contact us by using Ask a Librarian or calling the Library’s Quick Information Center at 206-386-4636.